Mary Pope-Handy's Experience in Silicon Valley real estate sales
Silicon Valley Real Estate Experience
I am a full-time, second generation REALTOR® since early 1993 (my Mother, Pat Pope, was a local REALTOR® from 1956 until her death in 1996). Below please find information on my experience in Silicon Valley real estate & home sales.
- Locations: My area of expertise is Silicon Valley (Santa Clara County) with an emphasis on Los Gatos, Saratoga, Campbell and the San Jose areas of Cambrian Park, Almaden Valley, Willow Glen, Blossom Valley, and the cities and districts along the Highway 85 corridor. I do have experience all over the county and sometimes sell in adjoining counties (Alameda, San Mateo and Santa Cruz Counties).
- Home types: I have extensive experience in selling all types of residential real estate: single family homes, townhouses, condominums, planned unit developments, and luxury or estate homes.
- Seniors: The over 50 population of home buyers and sellers have varied needs, and I have worked with every subgroup, from still-working and independent to those moving to nursing and everything in beween. I very much enjoy working with seniors (and not so long ago got my own AARP card, though I am anything but retired!).
- Relocation: A good portion of my clientele finds me from the web and are moving to Silicon Valley from outside of the area. I enjoy introducing new residents to our beautiful corner of the San Francisco Bay Area. As a Silicon Valley native, I know the ropes and the history of many areas.
- Distressed sales: Short sales are not new to me - I did some in the early and mid-90s! I am doing them today, too, and have special training to keep me current on all the ever-changing landscape of distressed property sales (for both buyers and sellers). Additionally I have some experience with pre-foreclosures which are not short sales and with bank owned homes. One of my designations is the Certified Distressed Property Expert.
Also of note: I will never try to "sell" anyone on doing a short sale. I present it as one option among many. If you are a home owner and are having financial difficulties with your mortgage, a short sale may or may not be the best thing for you. I will help you to find all resources possible so that you can make the decision which is best for you.
- Difficult circumstances: My experience includes working with people under extremely difficult circumstances, such as after or during divorce, after the death of a spouse, parent or other loved one, or during times of critical illness. (Related: my non-real estate background includes hospital chaplaincy, grief counseling etc.)
- Web experience: I am a top web marketing specialist and often can get a listing of mine onto page one of Google organically through my websites and blogs (not paid advertisements). I am an expert atmarketing homes through social media, multiple websites and syndication, and blog profiles of homes and neighborhoods - this is exposure that very few Silicon Valley Realtors can offer you!
- Ongoing education: An education junkie, I have an very throrough real state education - including these eight college level courses: finance, appraisal, real estate law, real estate practice, real estate economics, real estate brokerage, real estate principals, and property management. I take non-required coursework to stay on the cutting edge and attend seminars, workshops and classes frequently (sometimes as the speaker or panelist, too).